From 12c, RMAN enables us to recover tables and table partitions at a point-in-time without affecting other objects in the database.
- RECOVER TABLE is the command used to recover table and table partitions from an RMAN Backup.
- The Recovery happens at an Auxiliary location. Uses an automatically created and maintained Auxiliary instance.
- User need to specify the auxiliary database location using AUXILIARY DESTINATION clause in the RECOVERY command.
- Uses Database Backups and Archived Redo Logs for Recovery.
- The database remains online. During Recovery other objects are not disturbed.